Butterflies with Copic Markers
When I saw that the Hero Arts butterflies came as digital files, I couldn’t resist! They look great colored tone on tone and with multiple colors. All of these cards are birthday cards, but would be great for spring, get well, or thinking of you.
Lest you think it a shame that the right side of the butterfly is cut off, don’t worry. I’ve used that on the inside of the cards!
Let’s take a closer look at each of these cards and a couple more that I couldn’t resist coloring. Some photos will make it easier to see the music score background I stamped behind each butterfly. I did distress the edges of the background papers, but that, too, is difficult to see.
I printed this large butterfly on Georgia Pacific paper on my toner based printer. This would not work on an inkjet.
I adore the rich hues of this butterfly.
One of the first butterflies I colored was this blue one. I searched Google images and found a photo of one that looked very similar to the one I’ve colored here.
Is there such a thing as a green butterfly? I don’t know but I think it’s cute!
I’ve seen more butterflies with orange…does one such as this exist in nature?
This was the second butterfly I colored. I love the coloring next to the veins!
Again, I don’t think this color butterfly exists, but after coloring so many others, I couldn’t resist creating a purple one.
Last but not least is the yellow butterfly. When I had finished coloring all the others, I realized that I wanted a yellow butterfly. So here it is.
Come back tomorrow to see what gift packaging I made for these.
Butterflies with Copic Markers – Supply List
- Stamps: Flutterbies Vanessa by Hero Arts digital image; Happy Birthday by My Sentiments Exactly!; Composer’s Dream by Stampabilities
- Inkpads: Onyx Black by Versafine; Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Scattered Straw, Victorian Velvet, Milled Lavender, Spiced Marmalade
- Markers: Copic (listed below)
- Paper: white is Georgia Pacific; other colored paper is generic
- Other: corner rounder punch
- Embellies: gems
Copic Markers Used:
- Butterfly Body: W0, E57, E77
- Blue Butterfly: B000, B12, B23, B24, B29
- Green Butterfly: YG03, YG06, YG17, YG67
- Orange Butterfly: R02, YR15, YR16, R05, R37
- Pink Butterfly: RV10, RV34, BV29, R59
- Purple Butterfly: BV000, BV04, B63, BV08
- Yellow Butterfly: Y000, Y06, Y15, Y17, YR15, YR16, R05
- Multi Colored Butterfly: Y17, YR15, YR17, R05, R37, R59, B000, B93, B97, YG03, YG06, YG17