Winnie the Pooh Birthday Card with Copics and Shimmer Coutre Damask Cardstock
Damask is beautiful and elegant. But what should one do if your style is a bit more casual and whimsical? I wondered this myself because I recieved a few pieces of A Muse Ocean Shimmer Couture Cardstock – Damask (won some blog candy – thank you Lisa Wakabayashi).
First, find a strong color to coordinte. In this case, black. Next, rummage through your stamps looking for one that isn’t too cutesy. In this case, All Night Media stamp “Gift Wrapping Party”.
Really, would you ever have thought that Winnie the Pooh and Damask could go together? I sure didn’t…seeing is believing! I think copic markers really make the difference. Well, that and color choices. I kinda like the bold colors….I may need to be more bold from now on!
The orange ribbon is also from A Muse (won some more blog candy – thank you Kari Bell!). I colored the image very similar to how the stamp shows it. But I did change the colors of the gifts to coordinate with my cardstock and ribbon.
Winnie the Pooh Birthday Card with Copics and Shimmer Coutre Damask Cardstock – Supply List
- Stamps: Gift Wrapping Party (All Night Media); Damask (Teresa Collins Stamp Maker); Happy Birthday (Stampin’ Up Vinage Labels): Tag (Stampin’ Up Tiny Tags)
- Ink Pads: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tumbled Glass (Distress Ink); Scattered Straw (Distress Ink)
- Markers: Copic R000, E93, E00, E11, E33, E35, R35, R37, G000, G21, G14, BG000, B95, B45, B99, E71, E57, Y00, Y21, YR23, R02, R05, BG13, BG72, C-1, C-3, C-5, W-1, W-3, W-5
- Paper: Damask (Ocean, Shimmer Couture Cardstock – Damask from A Muse); white (Georgia Pacific); black (generic); Teal (generic)
- Ribbon: orange (5/8″ satin from A Muse); twine
- Whole punch, foam tape